Baripada: Over 40 school students were taken ill after consuming bhog during Saraswati puja celebrations in Rangamathia-based primary school under Baripada block in Mayurbhanj district, Monday.
According to sources, the schoolchildren had consumed food during a feast organised on the occasion of Saraswati puja celebrations.
However, a few hours later, the students complained of uneasiness and nausea. Following this, the school authorities rushed them to Baripada district headquarters hospital.
The doctors have informed the school authorities that the students fell ill due to food poisoning. The condition of the students is stated to be stable, sources said.
Similarly, 19 girls of a private marketing firm at Baxi Chowk in Jharsuguda were taken ill Sunday after consuming stale food from their mess.
As per sources, soon after having food, the girls complained of stomach pain and some of them started vomiting and were rushed to the District Headquarters Hospital.
Doctors attending them have stated that their condition is stable but were administered with saline.
The doctors also said they fell ill due to food poisoning. It is suspected that the food was made early and served late causing food poisoning, added the sources.