Dhenkanal:Ramesh Parida, a 78-year-old man of Baunshapala village under Kamakhyanagar police limits in this district died from snakebite Saturday night.
Ramesh was bitten by a venomous snake when he was sleeping after dinner. The family members woke up hearing his scream and rushed him to Kamakhyanagar Sub-Divisional Hospital. He died while undergoing treatment.
Police registered an unnatural death case and seized the body for post-mortem.
Meanwhile, locals demanded adequate stock of anti-snake venom injections as snakebite cases have been on the rise in the state with the onset of the monsoon.
Earlier, a four-year-old girl was killed after being bitten by a poisonous snake in Manata village under Ghatagaon Police Station area in Keonjhar district July 22. Similarly, a six-year-old girl also died from snakebite in Hatichua village under Sadar Police Station area in the same district July 11.