Nayagarh: Tension ran high in Nayagarh town after the death of a labourer due to electrocution at Talakot Sahi Monday.
The deceased was identified as 33-year-old Manoj Rout from Jautukapatna village under Nayagarh block in Nayagarh district.
According to reports, Manoj was engaged in construction work at a house in the village. When he switched on a water pump, he accidentally came in contact with a live electric wire and was electrocuted. He was rushed to the district headquarters hospital, where the doctors declared him brought dead.
The family members of Manoj reached the hospital and sat on a dharna demanding Rs 10 lakh as compensation and a police investigation into the incident. They held the house owner responsible for Manoj’s death.