Puri: A man was electrocuted after he came in contact with a live wire at Badagaon under Ramchandi police limits in Puri district Friday.
The deceased was identified as Hrushikesh Chotray.
According to sources, the incident took place when Hrushikesh had gone to attend nature’s call early Friday morning. Accidentally, he came in contact with a live electric wire and died on the spot.
Later, locals staged a road blockade on the Konark-Puri marine drive road demanding compensation for the family of the deceased.