Keonjhar: Adding to the spate of snakebite cases in the state, a seven-year-old girl was died and her father is said to be critical after they were bitten by a venomous snake in their house at Sankir village under Keonjhar sadar block in the district Saturday.
While the deceased a minor was identified as Kuntala Munda, her father has been identified as Sukulal Munda.
Sources said, the incident occurred when the duo were taken seriously ill while sleeping Friday night. The family members later came to know that they were bitten by snake after the girl started vomiting.
Though the duo was rushed to the Keonjhar district headquarters hospital (DHH), Kuntala died on the way to the hospital and Sukulal was admitted at the hospital in a critical condition.