Nayagarh: At least six rooms of three families were completely gutted in fire at Angisingi village under Odagaon block in Nayagarh district Friday night.
The affected persons are Dandapani Pradhan, Basudev Pradhan and Mahadev Swain.
According to reports, the fire mishap occurred when Dandapani along with his family members was sleeping inside their house. Somehow they noticed the fire and escaped unhurt.
However, they failed take Rs 10,000 cash and other important documents from their house.
The fire soon engulfed two neighbouring houses, leaving the rooms completely gutted.
On being informed, a fire tender from Odagaon rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
Though the exact reason for the fire is not yet known, an electrical short circuit is said to be factor.