Bhubaneswar: In a bid to ensure smooth regulation of traffic during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s roadshow here Tuesday, the Twin-City Commissionerate Police Monday issued a traffic advisory, imposing restrictions for road users especially between 2pm and 10pm.
As per the advisory for Tuesday:
- General public are advised to avoid using national highway (NH)-16 between 2pm and 10pm.
- Buses plying from Baramunda bus stand towards Cuttack are required to use the service road upto Vani Vihar and then take NH-16 flyover.
- Passenger buses approaching from Cuttack to Baramunda bus stand will operate on NH-16 flyover and proceed to Khandagiri Square before taking a right turn onto the service road to reach Baramunda bus stand.
- Buses coming from Khurda to Baramunda will use the service road to reach Baramunda bus terminus.
- Light vehicles and four-wheelers commuting on NH-16 from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be diverted from Balikuda Square (under Cuttack UPD) to Pitapalli Square (under Bhubaneswar UPD) through Trisulia, Barang and Chandaka Square between 2pm and 10pm. Same traffic arrangement will also be applicable for light vehicles on NH-16 from Khurda to Cuttack
- Heavy goods vehicles/trucks from Khurda to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Pitapalli Square. Besides, heavy goods vehicles/trucks from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Manguli and beyond between 2pm and 10pm.
According to sources, the PM is scheduled to address two rallies in Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur Tuesday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state vice president Samir Mohanty Sunday said that Modi will start his roadshow from near the Biju Patnaik International Airport and reach the public rally venue at Baramunda Ground covering Ganganagar and OUAT Square here.
Polling in Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur Lok Sabha constituencies and the Assembly segments coming under them will be held in the third phase scheduled for April 23. It would be Modi’s fifth election programme in the state.
Earlier, the PM had addressed election meetings at Jeypore in Koraput, Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi, Sonepur in Bolangir and Sundargarh too.
BJP national president Amit Shah is also scheduled to address two rallies at Baramba in Cuttack and Dhenkanal April 17, a saffron party leader pointed out.
The Lok Sabha and Assembly elections are being held simultaneously in the state in four phases.