Daringbadi: A man was electrocuted after he came in contact with a live electric wire at Power substation of Brahmanigaon village under Daringbadi block in Kandhamal district Friday.
The deceased has been identified as Prasant Kumar Bisoyi, a construction labourer of Kinarigaon village in the area.
According to sources, Prashant was engaged in the installation work of a transformer in the substation premises. While he was working, he accidentally came in contact with a live electric wire and was electrocuted. He was rushed to Brahmanigaon primary health centre (PHC), where doctors declared him brought dead.
Following the incident, family members of the deceased and locals protested, staging a road blockade by keeping the dead body on Daringbadi-Brahmanigaon PWD main road.
The agitators alleged that even as work was underway for installation of a high-power transformer, no staff of the Southco was present at the spot. Instead, they had engaged construction labourers for the work.
Moreover, the power supply was not disconnected during the construction work, they alleged.
Meanwhile, they have demanded compensation for the kin of the deceased.