Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Mohan Charan Majhi Tuesday announced a Rs 1,000 crore relief package for the areas affected by floods.
He announced the package after reviewing the prevailing flood situation in the six districts of Baleshwar, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Mayurbhanj, Kendujhar and Kendrapada.
The deluge has so far impacted nearly 9.40 lakh people.
“Rs 1,000 crore package is announced based on the preliminary estimation and additional funds would be provided if required after getting the detailed damage assessment from the flood-hit districts,” Majhi told reporters.
The chief minister said the package includes input agricultural subsidy for farmers over crop damage, supply of seeds, repair of lift irrigation projects, and providing succour to those who lost their livelihood.
The chief minister said this was the second spell of floods that has hit the state due to heavy rainfall.
