Jharsuguda: A three-year-old boy from Sahajbahal village in Lakhanpur block of Jharsuguda village met an incident in which the handle of a frying pan got stuck inside his mouth Saturday evening.
According to reports, the child Ayush Guru had gone to his uncle’s house at Patrapali and was playing with his friends when the curved end of a frying pan with a long handle got stuck under his tongue.
The family members of the boy tried to remove the frying pan from his mouth but failed. He was then rushed to Jharsuguda district hospital and later taken to a private hospital where the handle of the pan was successfully removed from his mouth after an hour-long operation.
His condition is stated to be stable now, reports said.