Jajpur: In a tragic incident, a 10-year-old girl was electrocuted to death while another suffered injuries near Kusuma under Jajpur Town police limits in Jajpur district Friday
The deceased has been identified as Tulasi. She is the daughter of Siba Munda of the same village, but was staying at her maternal uncle’s house to pursue her studies. She had come to visit her family for Prathamastami puja. The injured has been identified as Abhimanyu Jena of Kalindrabad village under Sadar police limits.
According to the locals, the incident occurred after a live wire snapped and fell on them on the village road. Abhimanyu was later admitted to hospital.
On being informed, police reached the spot and started an investigation into the matter. The police officials sent the body for post-mortem after registering a case of unnatural death.
Notably, three members of a family in Ganjam were electrocuted after coming in contact with a live wire while drying their clothes October 25. One of them was busy putting up clothes to dry when she accidentally came in contact with a live wire. In a bid to rescue her, two other women also suffered electric shocks leading to their untimely demise.