Odisha News, Odisha Latest news, Odisha Daily - OrissaPOST
  • Home
  • Trending
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • More..
    • Odisha Special
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Careers
    • Sci-Tech
    • Timeout
    • Horoscope
    • Today’s Pic
  • Video
  • Epaper
  • News in Odia
  • Home
  • Trending
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • More..
    • Odisha Special
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Careers
    • Sci-Tech
    • Timeout
    • Horoscope
    • Today’s Pic
  • Video
  • Epaper
  • News in Odia
No Result
View All Result
OrissaPOST - Odisha Latest news, English Daily -
No Result
View All Result

Mobile net to be suspended in Assam Sunday for govt recruitment exam

PTI
Updated: September 14th, 2024, 23:21 IST
in Home News, National
0
internet ban suspended

Pic- boroktimes

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare on Linkedin

Guwahati: The Assam government Saturday ordered suspension of mobile internet services across the state for three-and-half hours from 10 am September 15 during a written examination for recruitment to Grade III posts.

Voice calls and broadband connectivity based on fixed telephone lines will remain functional, it added.

Also Read

Modi lays foundation stone for India Chip JV in Jewar

Modi lays foundation stone for India Chip JV in Jewar

14 hours ago

New Delhi Declaration on AI Impact adopted; US, UK, China among nations to endorse vision for collaborative AI

16 hours ago

The notification, signed by Ajay Tewari, additional chief secretary, Home and Political department, said it has been issued “in the interest of holding free, fair and transparent public examination and also to prevent arising of any law and order issues having bearing on public safety”.

Mobile Internet/ mobile data/ mobile wi-fi services in the entire state will remain suspended from 10 am to 1.30 pm on Sunday.

“It is however clarified that the voice calls and the broadband connectivity based on fixed telephone lines may remain functional during the aforesaid period,” the notification said.

The examination for filling up Grade III posts in the government sector is scheduled from 10.30 am to 1.30 pm on September 15.

Notably, mobile internet services were suspended for four hours in almost all the districts on two days in August 2022 when written examinations for Grade III and IV posts under the State Level Recruitment Commission (SLRC) were conducted for the first time.

According to the notification, 11,23,204 candidates are scheduled to appear for the exam in 2,305 centres on Sunday and 429 of them are identified as ‘sensitive’ ones due to their geographical location and history of cheating and other malpractices.

The notification said that on earlier such occasions, it has been seen that “some unscrupulous elements resorted to unfair means using different mobile applications”.

It also mentioned that there exists a “substantial apprehension that the anti-social elements or the organised groups shall try to take the advantage of the situation by resorting to rumour-mongering through social media and may try to destabilise the process of examination”.

To ensure free and fair examinations, the government has decided to take all steps to plug all possible loopholes, including temporary disabling of mobile internet service, the notification said.

Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that any decision on the suspension of internet connection during the recruitment examination would be taken by the chief secretary.

“The chief secretary has to decide whether there is a need to cut the internet or not. If it is needed, he will give the order accordingly,” Sarma told reporters on the sidelines of a programme here.

“For examinations in the future, I have asked our officials to formulate a protocol for locking internet services of mobile towers which cover the examination centres. It will take some time to happen,” he added.

The September 15 examination will be held for HSSLC-level Grade III posts.

The Northeast Frontier Railway will run 12 sets of special trains which will undertake 28 trips to facilitate the candidates.

The NFR will extend the destinations of four regular trains, which will undertake eight trips.

Written tests for bachelor’s degree-level posts and HSLC-level (drivers) posts of Grade III will be conducted on two different dates.

Tests for Grade IV posts of two different educational levels will be conducted on two other dates.

Around 18.50 lakh candidates have applied for the various classes of Grade III posts and 13.70 lakh for the different Grade IV posts, official sources said.

PTI 

Tags: AssamMobile internetRecruitment
ShareTweetSendShare
Suggest A Correction

Enter your email to get our daily news in your inbox.

 

OrissaPOST epaper Sunday POST OrissaPOST epaper

Click Here: Plastic Free Odisha

#MyPaperBagChallenge

Priyasha Pradhan

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Nishikant Rout

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Amritansh Mishra

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Praptimayee Biswal

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Archana Parida

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Faiza Firdous

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Vandana Singh

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Aman Kumar Barisal

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Rajashree Manasa Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Saishree Satyarupa

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Kamana Singh

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sarfraz Ahmad

December 12, 2019
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Dibya Ranjan Das

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Lopali Pattnaik

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Pragyan Priyambada

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Parbati Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Ankita Balabantray

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Jyotshna Mayee Pattnaik

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Anasuya Sahoo

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Shreyanshu Bal

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Ramakanta Sahoo

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sisirkumar Maharana

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Swarit Praharaj

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Pratyasharani Ghibela

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Akshaya Kumar Dash

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Pitabas Tripathy

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

D Rama Rao

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Jhili Jena

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Diptiranjan Biswal

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sitakanta Mohanty

December 12, 2019

Archives

Editorial

Engineered Exclusion

February 22, 2026

By Aakar Patel The Bharatiya Janata Party has been governing Gujarat for about 30 unbroken years now. Notionally Gujarat is...

Read moreDetails

Art of Delay

February 21, 2026

By Dilip Cherian It’s telling that Punjab is still kicking the can down the road on appointing a regular Director...

Read moreDetails

Hopeless Hong Kong

Hong Kong
February 18, 2026

The last nail into the coffin of whatever freedom is believed to be there in Hong Kong, a unique territory...

Read moreDetails

Raw Deal

India US trade deal
February 17, 2026

India’s recent trade agreement with the United States is being celebrated by the government at the Centre as a significant...

Read moreDetails
  • Home
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Jobs
Developed By Ratna Technology

© 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST

  • News in Odia
  • Orissa POST Epaper
  • Video
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Metro
  • State
  • Odisha Special
  • National
  • International
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Entertainment
  • Horoscope
  • Careers
  • Feature
  • Today’s Pic
  • Opinion
  • Sci-Tech
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Jobs

© 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST

    • News in Odia
    • Orissa POST Epaper
    • Video
    • Home
    • Trending
    • Metro
    • State
    • Odisha Special
    • National
    • International
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Editorial
    • Entertainment
    • Horoscope
    • Careers
    • Feature
    • Today’s Pic
    • Opinion
    • Sci-Tech
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Jobs

    © 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST