Bhubaneswar: Security has been beefed up and traffic restrictions will be imposed around Odisha State Legislative Assembly ahead of the winter session scheduled to begin November 21.
Odisha DGP Sunil Bansal Monday took stock of the security arrangements at the Assembly premises ahead of commencement of the session.
The DGP informed that 28 platoons of police force, led by 100 officials, have been deployed. He further stated that a three-tier security cordon would be put in place around the Assembly building with the establishment of five special control rooms.
Additionally, a special force has been assigned to manage protests and demonstrations outside the Assembly during the session, the DGP added. The supervision of the entire security arrangement would be carried out by Bhubaneswar DCP.
Notably, this year Odisha Assembly’s winter session is scheduled to commence November 21 and is set to conclude December 30.
- Vehicles coming from Housing Board square will take a diversion from Keshari Talkies square taking a left turn.
- Vehicles coming from AG square towards PMG will take a diversion by turning right from Jaydev Bhawan and proceed on Indira Gandhi Park road.
- All vehicles coming from Master Canteen will be diverted towards adjoining lanes on Lower PMG.
- Vehicles coming from 120 Infantry Battalion square intending to proceed towards Rabindra Mandap will be diverted towards Power House square.
- Vehicles coming from Raj Bhawan square towards MLA Colony and Rabindra Mandap will be diverted towards Sastrinagar square.