We all have good qualities and bad qualities, but are there universal qualities that women look for in their partners?
Whilst I am not a woman I have worked with women most of my working life, in a big call centre office (the truth really comes out in an office!), I have two sisters, my current place of work is predominantly women and I am married to a woman who knows what she wants. So I have done a lot of asking, a lot of research and have come up with 12 qualities a woman looks for in a man.
- Sense of Humor: Being able to laugh at the stresses of this world is a must, according to 77 percent of the women on our panel. You get bonus points if you can make them laugh. Humor tells a woman that you can laugh at the many difficulties that life throws at you.
- Intelligence: A worldly, interesting man is a man 55 percent of women like to show off. Men who are problem solvers make women feel secure, and men who are always improving are never boring.
- Passion: Forty-six percent of women like displays of passion because they’re not accustomed to seeing them from men. Get passionate about something: kayaking, impressionistic art, barbecuing, or Habitat for Humanity. It’s proof that you care for and about something beyond yourself.
- Confidence: A man who feels secure in his own skin makes the woman he’s with feel secure, according to 41 percent of women. By showing you can handle unfamiliar people or situations, you tell the woman in your life that she need not fear, either.
- Generosity: Generosity doesn’t just mean springing for dinner at a four-star. It also means you’re willing to give your time and lend an ear.
- Faithfulness: More than 8 out of 10 women (or 84 percent of women) rated “faithful to me” in the top 10 attributes they find sexy in a man. She wants to be reassured that you think she’s the sexiest woman on earth (and luckily, you already do!), so remind her of that fact whenever and however you can.
- Kindness: Young women may still fall for the bad-boy type, but 67 percent of women said they were turned on by kindness, because kindness inspires confidence. In other words, if you treat the waitress well, your date figures you’ll treat her well, too. So be nice.
- Listening: 53 percent of women said they feel safe and secure when they know their man will put down his phone and listen. Magic words: “I’m here. Tell me everything.”
- Romancing: Romance appeals to a woman’s right-brained, less-logical side. 45 percent of women said they fantasize about being swept off their feet. Romance is bold because you’re displaying your desire for a woman and revealing a softer, more vulnerable side.
- Being Good in Bed: A woman knows that a man who takes care of her in bed will take care of her out of bed. (Of course, the orgasms don’t hurt.)