Bhubaneswar: Odia actor Pintu Nanda Tuesday left for New Delhi to undergo a liver transplant at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS).
Nanda, who has been suffering from liver ailments for the past few months, was recently admitted to a private hospital after his health deteriorated. As the treatment required some Rs 50 lakh, Nanda and his family members sought financial help from his fans and well-wishers.
Fellow Odia actor Ardhendu Sahu Tuesday donated Rs 10 lakh towards the actor’s treatment.
“So far, we have collected 25 percent of the entire treatment cost. We have to collect the rest 75 percent,” said Mitu Mithun, an Odia actor familiar with the situation, while requesting the Odia people and other Odia actors to extend help.
The family informed that Nanda has lost weight and is unable to speak properly. “We are praying for his wellbeing. And we are trying to collect funds for the same,” said a family member.
As many industry people are sending goodwill messages and help for the actor, the Odisha Cine Artist Association held a meeting to discuss means to help him, starting fundraising on social media platforms.
At the airport, Pintu said, “fans’ love and support is there with me, I will return to reunite with them.”
post news network
Leave a Reply