Prawns are not only very tasty but are very healthy. They are rich in very rich in proteins yet very low on fats and calories. It makes them an ideal food for those who want to lose weight. Prawns are also high in good cholesterol and bring down the bad cholesterol.
A normal size prawn contains about 2 grams of Fat, 30 grams of proteins and about 125 mg of minerals. This ideal combination of fats and proteins make it very beneficial for the human health. Prawns are also very easy to cook and they don’t take much oil or spices to cook them.
- Selenium: Prawns are rich source of Selenium which helps to prevent the growth of cancer cells in the body thus it helps in preventing cancers in the body.
- Calories: Prawns have very less calories as compared to most other meats and thus is very good for keeping the calorie count down and lose weight.
- Calcium: Since prawns are very rich source of calcium it is thus very good for teeth and bones.
- Vit E: Vitamin E is found in good quantities in Prawns so it is very good for the skin as Vitamin E is used not only in treating various skin diseases but also gives a glow to the skin.
- Vitamin B 12: Prawns are rich source of Vitamin B 12. B 12 is very useful not only in keeping memory sharp but also is very good for cardiac health and also is needed by arteries and veins to work properly.
- Proteins: Proteins are the building blocks of the body. Body required proteins not only to be healthy but also to repair any damage that has been done to the body like an injury or regular day to day repair.
- Fatty Acids: Prawns are a rich source of Omega 3 Fatty acids which is very good for heart. It helps in widening of lumen of the arties by removing bad cholesterol from the inner walls of the arteries. Thus it helps in reducing the blood pressure which in fact make the heart work less and helps in circulation. Fatty acids are also helpful in fighting against diseases like Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Also it is very good for the liver too.