Cuttack: Three makeshift cottages were completely gutted after a major fire broke out on the site of the Satkosia Eco Retreat festival here in the wee hours of Sunday. However, all the persons who were staying at the site managed to escape unhurt.
An official said the exact reason behind the fire mishap has not yet been ascertained. However, he said that the fire may have happened due to an electrical short circuit.
Taking to its official Twitter handle, Odisha Tourism department wrote, “In a fire accident at Satkosia Eco Retreat at 5 am today, 3 tents caught fire. The fire was quickly extinguished. Fortunately, there was no injury or loss of life. All guests are safe. Inquiry into the matter is being conducted.”
Local fire brigade and police personnel immediately rushed to the site after being informed about the incident. The fire-fighters doused the flames after striving for over an hour.
BJD legislator of Baramba Debi Prasad Mishra also visited the fire mishap site and took stock of the situation.
Notably, the Odisha Tourism department had introduced the Satkosia Eco Retreat festival at Baliput in Cuttack district December 9, 2020 in order to help revive the COVID-19 hit tourism sector.
Further details are still awaited about the incident.