Odisha News, Odisha Latest news, Odisha Daily - OrissaPOST
  • Home
  • Trending
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • More..
    • Odisha Special
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Careers
    • Sci-Tech
    • Timeout
    • Horoscope
    • Today’s Pic
  • Video
  • Epaper
  • News in Odia
  • Home
  • Trending
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • More..
    • Odisha Special
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Careers
    • Sci-Tech
    • Timeout
    • Horoscope
    • Today’s Pic
  • Video
  • Epaper
  • News in Odia
No Result
View All Result
OrissaPOST - Odisha Latest news, English Daily -
No Result
View All Result

India, China pull out troops from Gogra; all temporary structures dismantled

IANS
Updated: August 6th, 2021, 18:52 IST
in National, Prime News
0
Indian army patrolling in Ladakh

Representational image

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare on Linkedin

New Delhi: In a major breakthrough, India and China have withdrawn troops from the friction Patrolling Point (PP) 17A in Gogra along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh, the Indian Army said Friday.

The Indian Army said that both the countries have ceased forward deployments in this area in a phased, coordinated and verified manner.

Also Read

Tarique Rahman

Bangladesh yet to decide on PM Rahman’s visit to India, says his office

10 hours ago

No ethanol link to sugar price spike; millers jacking up rates, says govt

10 hours ago

“The disengagement process was carried out over two days, i.e., August 4 and 5. The troops of both sides are now in their respective permanent bases,” the Indian Army said in a statement.

The force said that the 12th round of talks between the Corps Commanders of India and China were held on July 31 at the Chushul Moldo Meeting Point in Eastern Ladakh.

The two sides had a candid and in-depth exchange of views on the resolution of the remaining areas related to disengagement along the LAC in the Western Sector of India-China border areas.

“As an outcome of the meeting, both sides agreed on disengagement in the area of Gogra,” the Indian Army said.

The troops in this area were in a face-off situation since May last year.

The force said that all the temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified.

“The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to the pre-stand off period,” the Indian Army stated.

This agreement ensures that the LAC in this area will be strictly observed and respected by both sides, and that there is no unilateral change in status quo.

With this, one more sensitive area of face-off has been resolved.

“Both sides have expressed their commitment to take the talks forward and resolve the remaining issues along the LAC in the Western Sector,” the force added.

The Indian Army also pointed out that along with the ITBP, it is totally committed to ensure the sovereignty of the nation and maintain peace and tranquility along the LAC in the Western Sector.

In a joint statement after the 12th Round of India-China Corps Commander-level talks geld earlier this week, it was stated that the two sides have also agreed that in the interim, they will continue their effective efforts in ensuring stability along the LAC in the Western Sector and jointly maintain peace and tranquility.

The talks between the two countries took place after a gap of three months.

With the latest disengagement reached between both the countries in Gogra, India will now take up the other remaining friction areas like the Hot Springs and the 900 sq km Depsang plains.

The build-up in Depsang was not being considered part of the current standoff that started in May last year as escalation here took place in 2013. India has insisted during recent military commander-level meetings to resolve all the issues across the LAC.

Till now, apart from 12 round of Corps Commander-level talks, the two forces have also held 10 Major General-level and 55 Brigadier-level talks, apart from 1,450 calls over hotlines.

Earlier, the troops of the two Himalayan giants had disengaged from both the banks of Pangong Tso in February this year.

IANS 

Tags: ChinaDisengagementGograIndiaLadakh
ShareTweetSendShare
Suggest A Correction

Enter your email to get our daily news in your inbox.

 

OrissaPOST epaper Sunday POST OrissaPOST epaper

Click Here: Plastic Free Odisha

#MyPaperBagChallenge

Jhili Jena

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Rajashree Pravati Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sitakanta Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Chinmay Kumar Routray

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Anup Mahapatra

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Pratik Kumar Ghibela

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Nishikant Rout

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Bijswajit Pradhan

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Pratyasharani Ghibela

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Pitabas Tripathy

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Faiza Firdous

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Ankita Balabantray

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Subhajyoti Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Ramakanta Sahoo

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Mrutyunjaya Behera

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Akshaya Kumar Dash

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Mandakini Dakua

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Ramakanta Sahoo

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Amritansh Mishra

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Aishwarya Ranjan Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Matrumangal Jena

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Smitarani Sahoo

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Tapaswini Mallick

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Adyasha Priyadarsani Sendha

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Saishree Satyarupa

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Parbati Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Swarit Praharaj

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sisirkumar Maharana

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Aman Kumar Barisal

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Surya Sidhant Rath

December 12, 2019

Archives

Editorial

Politics of Eligibility

August 22, 2026

By Dilip Cherian The controversy surrounding Odisha’s next DGP is not really about Sanjeeb Panda or others in the race....

Read moreDetails

Jittery BJP

August 19, 2026

There are tell-tale signs that the BJP has been shaken to its core following the upsurge of protests by the...

Read moreDetails

Bar & Bench

August 18, 2026

It is a happy augury for Indian democracy that the country's young talents aspiring to join the legal profession have...

Read moreDetails

Thinking Naxals

Thinking Naxals
August 17, 2026

In any democracy, the most disturbing threat to freedom is not always censorship. Sometimes it is the language used to...

Read moreDetails
  • Home
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Jobs
Developed By Ratna Technology

© 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST

  • News in Odia
  • Orissa POST Epaper
  • Video
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Metro
  • State
  • Odisha Special
  • National
  • International
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Entertainment
  • Horoscope
  • Careers
  • Feature
  • Today’s Pic
  • Opinion
  • Sci-Tech
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Jobs

© 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST

    • News in Odia
    • Orissa POST Epaper
    • Video
    • Home
    • Trending
    • Metro
    • State
    • Odisha Special
    • National
    • International
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Editorial
    • Entertainment
    • Horoscope
    • Careers
    • Feature
    • Today’s Pic
    • Opinion
    • Sci-Tech
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Jobs

    © 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST