Angul: In a shocking incident, an 11-month-old child was electrocuted after falling on an electric heater at Kumanda village under Sadar police limits in Angul district Sunday.
The deceased, an 11-months-old boy child, was the son of Suna Sahoo, a resident of the same village.
According to sources, the mishap took place when one of Suna’s relatives was holding the baby.
The baby accidentally slipped from the hand and fell on the heater. As a result, he came in contact with the electric coil fixed on the heater and died on the spot.
On being informed, police reached the spot and recovered the body.
The body has been sent to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), and an investigation into the incident is underway, police said.