Odisha News, Odisha Latest news, Odisha Daily - OrissaPOST
  • Home
  • Trending
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • More..
    • Odisha Special
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Careers
    • Sci-Tech
    • Timeout
    • Horoscope
    • Today’s Pic
  • Video
  • Epaper
  • News in Odia
  • Home
  • Trending
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • More..
    • Odisha Special
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Careers
    • Sci-Tech
    • Timeout
    • Horoscope
    • Today’s Pic
  • Video
  • Epaper
  • News in Odia
No Result
View All Result
OrissaPOST - Odisha Latest news, English Daily -
No Result
View All Result

Video shows Prigozhin in public for first time since Wagner’s failed mutiny

IANS
Updated: July 20th, 2023, 12:25 IST
in International
0
Prigozhin

Pic - IANS

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare on Linkedin

Moscow: A video doing the rounds on social media has shown Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin in Belarus, marking his first appearance in public since the group’s failed mutiny in Russia last month.

“Welcome guys! I am happy to greet you all. Welcome to the Belarusian land! We fought with dignity! We have done a lot for Russia,” a man resembling and sounding like Prigozhin says in the video, which was posted on pro-Wagner Telegram channels Wednesday and then shared on his account, CNN reported.

Also Read

Donald Trump

Trump urges Iran to raise ‘white flag’

1 hour ago

Supreme Court rejects Trump bid to overturn $5m Carroll verdict

1 hour ago

CNN geolocated the video to a previously disused military base in Asipovichy, some 80 km southeast of the capital Minsk.

In the video, a fighter addresses the Wagner chief as “Yevgeny Viktorovich”, Prigozhin’s first name and patronymic.

The video appears unedited and the metadata on the file, as well as the position of the sun in the footage, suggests it was likely filmed at dusk.

Official verification of the video, including the identity of the speaker, is yet to be confirmed

In the video, the Wagner leader also criticised the Russian Defense Ministry’s planning and execution of military operations in Ukraine, and suggested that his mercenaries would not fight in the war-torn nation for now, CNN reported.

“What is happening now at the front is a disgrace in which we do not need to participate. We need to wait for the moment when we can prove ourselves fully.

“Therefore a decision was taken for us to station here in Belarus for some time. I am sure that during this time we will make the Belarusian army second greatest in the world. And if needed, we will defend them if it comes to it.

“I want to ask everyone to really pay attention to the fact that Belarusians welcomed us not only as heroes but also as brothers,” he added.

Prigozhin goes on to suggest their stay in Belarus could be temporary and calls on his fighters to prepare to travel elsewhere.

“We should prepare, get better and set off on a new journey to Africa. Maybe we will return when we will be confident that we will not be asked to make an embarrassment of ourselves and our experience.”

According to The Belarusian Hajun Project, an activist monitoring group that tracks military activity in the country, Prigozhin’s plane landed in Machulishchy, on the outskirts of the capital Minsk, in the morning of July 18 and left after midnight the next day.

Under a deal brokered by Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko that ended the short-lived rebellion on June 24, the mercenaries were told they could join the regular Russian army or head to Minsk, reports the BBC.

In an interview with Kommersant business daily last week, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that “Wagner does not exist”.

“There is no law on private military organisations. It just doesn’t exist,” the President said when asked whether the group would be preserved as a fighting unit.

IANS

Tags: Alexander LukashenkoRussiaVladimir PutinWagner GroupYevgeny Prigozhin
ShareTweetSendShare
Suggest A Correction

Enter your email to get our daily news in your inbox.

 

OrissaPOST epaper Sunday POST OrissaPOST epaper

Click Here: Plastic Free Odisha

#MyPaperBagChallenge

Praptimayee Biswal

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Ramakanta Sahoo

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sarfraz Ahmad

December 12, 2019
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Dibya Ranjan Das

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Kamana Singh

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Jyotshna Mayee Pattnaik

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Matrumangal Jena

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Anshuman Sahoo

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Manas Samanta

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Diptiranjan Biswal

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Mrutyunjaya Behera

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Arya Ayushman

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Archit Mohapatra

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Lopali Pattnaik

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Subhajyoti Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Jhili Jena

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Priyabrata Mohanty

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Adweeti Bhattacharya

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

D Rama Rao

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Bijswajit Pradhan

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Saishree Satyarupa

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sipra Mishra

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sisirkumar Maharana

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Mandakini Dakua

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Keshab Chandra Rout

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Tapaswini Mallick

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Surya Sidhant Rath

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Sibarama Khotei

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Amritansh Mishra

December 12, 2019
#MyPaperBagChallenge

Parbati Mohanty

December 12, 2019

Archives

Editorial

Thinking Naxals

Thinking Naxals
August 17, 2026

In any democracy, the most disturbing threat to freedom is not always censorship. Sometimes it is the language used to...

Read moreDetails

Succession Gap

August 15, 2026

By Dilip Cherian India’s bureaucracy may be running short of one thing more important than babus: succession. The Centre’s decision...

Read moreDetails

Race for Right

August 12, 2026

A colossal tragedy on a sea has given fillip to ultra-right politics in Italy, Germany and the UK. The three...

Read moreDetails

Jantar Mantar to Ranchi

Election Commission of India
August 11, 2026

Police used water cannons, lobbed tear gas shells, and lathi-charged job aspirants as they breached barricades multiple times on 10...

Read moreDetails
  • Home
  • State
  • Metro
  • National
  • International
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Jobs
Developed By Ratna Technology

© 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST

  • News in Odia
  • Orissa POST Epaper
  • Video
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Metro
  • State
  • Odisha Special
  • National
  • International
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Entertainment
  • Horoscope
  • Careers
  • Feature
  • Today’s Pic
  • Opinion
  • Sci-Tech
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Jobs

© 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST

    • News in Odia
    • Orissa POST Epaper
    • Video
    • Home
    • Trending
    • Metro
    • State
    • Odisha Special
    • National
    • International
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Editorial
    • Entertainment
    • Horoscope
    • Careers
    • Feature
    • Today’s Pic
    • Opinion
    • Sci-Tech
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Jobs

    © 2025 All rights Reserved by OrissaPOST