Sohela: A day after her two siblings died by suicide, their mother too breathed her last Monday. All three, residents of Masterpada village in Bargarh district, had consumed pesticide Sunday as part of a ‘suicide agreement’.
The deceased lady was identified as Kumudini Sahu (55). Unable to bear the grief of the death of her husband Arjun Sahu, Kumudini, her son Bansidhar (25) and her daughter Subarna Mahajan (23) had drank pesticide Sunday.
All three were rushed to the hospital. However, Bansidhar and Subarna breathed their last Sunday at VIMSAR in Burla. Kumudini who was undergoing treatment at the same hospital died Monday. Their bodies were cremated in the village after post-mortem.
It should be stated here that Subarna is survived by her two-year-old daughter. The child is now in the custody of Subarna’s uncle Debarchan Sahu.
Police accompanied by a forensic team visited the residence of the deceased Monday. Sohela police station IIC Pranaya Murmu said that they are now waiting for the postmortem report.
Police informed that Bansidhar was a bachelor. However, Subarna despite her marriage was staying at her parents’ house for a substantial period before tragedy struck. Incidentally, Arjun had breathed his last September 6 due to diabetes and hypertension.