Bhadrak: A nine-year-old boy was electrocuted after he accidentally came in contact with a live wire during play at an abandoned house at New Colony Adivasi Sahi in Geltua village in this block and district, Wednesday. The deceased minor was identified as Dinabandhu Munda, son of the late Gamia Munda of the area. The incident occurred when the boy was playing inside a house abandoned for the last three years without disconnecting the power supply brought to the house through an iron pipe. The boy fell unconscious after he accidentally touched the iron pipe during play. Family members and villagers rushed him to the district headquarters hospital where doctors pronounced him dead.
Bhadrak Rural Police registered a case of unnatural death and handed over the body to his family members after a post-mortem. The incident has sent shockwaves sparking resentment among the locals. They alleged that they had repeatedly demanded before power officials to disconnect the power supply to the abandoned house but they never spared a thought to address their pleas as a consequence of which the innocent minor lost his life
Leave a Reply