Mumbai: It has been three and a half months since the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) are investigating the case.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) report reveals that Sushant was not murdered and it is a case of suicide.
According to information from the source of AIIMS medical team of Delhi, the doctors have denied the theory of poisoning which was claimed by the actor’s family.
The CBI is likely to continue its probe into ‘abetment to suicide’, the charge that was originally listed by the Bihar Police, sources said.
Sources said that the AIIMS panel has completed its investigation and is going to close the file. All the reports related to forensic investigation have been submitted to CBI. In the meantime, if the CBI sees any aspect of the murder, then it will add Section 302 of the IPC which is charged with willful murder.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s family had accused Rhea Chakraborty of mentally torturing the actor and money laundering. The family says that Rhea was mainly involved in Sushant’s murder. The central investigation agency has questioned and examined over 20 people in its 57 days of probe and sources also add that the agency has forensically examined the seized laptop, hard drives, digital camera and two mobile phones in the case.
Last week, the family’s lawyer Vikas Singh had claimed to have been told by a doctor on the AIIMS panel that Sushant had been strangled.
“Getting frustrated by the delay in CBI taking a decision to convert abetment to suicide to Murder of SSR. The Doctor who is part of AIIMS team had told me long back that the photos sent by me indicated 200% that it’s death by strangulation and not suicide,” he had tweeted.
The 34-year-old actor was found hanging at his apartment in Bandra in Mumbai June 14.