Balasore: A woman and her son Saturday died of electrocution at Nahula village under Khaira block in Odisha’s Balasore district, a source said.
The deceased were identified as Tilottama Das and her son Ramachandra Das.
According to the source, a damaged livewire was dangling near their house. Tilottama was electrocuted as she touched an iron rod that was connected to the service wire.
When she cried out for help, her son Ramachandra rushed to save her. However, he too was electrocuted, the source added.
Later, Tilottama’s daughter alerted the locals, who took both the mother and son to nearby Community Health Centre (CHC) in Khaira for treatment. Afterwards, they were pronounced dead by the doctor in the CHC.
Police reached the hospital and sent the bodies to Soro CHC for autopsy reports.
It’s worth noting that the neighbourhood had been without power for about two days due to a nor’wester. However, the electricity was restored Friday night.