Mumbai: Actor Ankita Lokhande was shocked when the news of the death of her ex-boyfriend Sushant Singh Rajput, broke. It was evident from Ankita Lokhande’s posts after Sushant’s death that she still had a soft corner for the actor. The Chhichhore actor was found dead at his South Bandra apartment June 14, last year. Since then much water has flown over Sushant’s death.
Sushant and Ankita had been in a long-term relationship. Time and again Ankita has said that those years were one of the most beautiful phases in her life. The duo had worked together in the popular TV serial Pavitra Rishta and it brought them very close together for a long time. However, they broke up in 2016.
In a recent interview with ‘Bollywood Bubble’, the Manikarnika actress has finally talked about the circumstances that led to her break up with Sushant. In the chat, Ankita even said that post the break-up she wanted to ‘finish’ her life. Ankita said she chose to remain silent back then because she did not want to make a ruckus out of her relationship. She also said that she is now upset about being trolled about her break-up but she doesn’t want to blame Sushant. The actress said post her break-up with the late actor she dealt with so many things.
“Aaj log mujhko aakar bol rahe hai, ‘Tumne chhoda Sushant ko’ (Today, I have been accused of dumping Sushant). How do you know that? Nobody knows about my thing. Sushant… I am not blaming anyone here… I think he made his choice very clear. He wanted to go on with his career. He chose his career over me and he moved on. But for two-and-a-half years, I was dealing with so many things,” Ankita has been quoted as saying.
Ankita explained that it was very difficult for her to move on in life but her family stood by her. “My life was finished. I was just finished,” she informed. She also stated that after the break up, she had a lot of negativity in her life and nothing else mattered to her. However, she thanked her family for helping her to recover. It enabled her to come out of the break-up strongly.